If you’re looking to start a podcast or improve your current one, SEO should be at the top of your mind. Just like with any other type of content, ranking high in search engines can make a big difference in how many people find and listen to your show. Fortunately, there are a few simple things you can do to optimize your podcast for SEO. Here are a few tips to help ensure that your podcast is visible to the people who are searching for it.
What is podcast SEO?
Podcast SEO is the process of optimizing a podcast for search engines. This can be done through various means, such as optimizing the podcast title and description for keywords, as well as making sure the podcast is submitted to all the major directories. By doing this, you can ensure that your podcast is more likely to be found by those who are searching for it.
What are the advantages of podcast SEO?
Podcast SEO can be extremely beneficial for businesses and individuals who want to promote their brand, product, or service. By optimizing your podcast for search engines, you can reach a wider audience and build a loyal following.
Some of the benefits of podcast SEO include:
1. Increased visibility for your brand or product
2. Connect with a broader audience
3. More targeted traffic
4. Improved search engine rankings
5. A loyal following
Podcast SEO can be a powerful tool for promoting your brand or product. By optimizing your podcast for search engines, you can reach a wider audience, build a loyal following, and improve your search engine rankings.
How to do podcast SEO
As the world of podcasting continues to grow, so does the need for quality podcast SEO. Just like with any other type of content, if you want your podcast to be seen and heard by as many people as possible, you need to make sure it’s optimized for search engines. Here are some pointers to help you get underway:
- Research your keywords. Which topics do you specialize in? Use tools like Ubersuggest and Keyword.io to find high-search, low-competition keywords.
- Use those keywords throughout your podcast website and content. Make sure they’re in your title, tags, description, show notes, and meta descriptions.
- Develop your content based on trending or high-search topics – make sure to address the questions and pain points of your target audience.
- Convert your podcast episodes into blog posts or YouTube Videos
- Ensure your episode titles lead with value, as opposed to relying on big-name guests to drive interest
- Submit your podcast to popular directories like iTunes, Google Podcasts, i Heart Radio, Podchaser, and Stitcher.
- Use social media to promote your episodes. Create shareable images for each one and share them on Twitter, and Facebook.
- Use relevant alt tags for your images
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is the process that optimizes your content so that it ranks higher in search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo), thus causing more visitors to your podcast.
Ranking higher on search engines is not the only goal of SEO though. It is about aligning your content with the search intent. If you’re not using the right keywords, your podcast will never be found by your target audience. You could be missing out on hundreds or even thousands of potential listeners.
If you’re looking to improve your podcast SEO results and reach your target audience more easily, I can help.
Jaidine has been massively helpful in working with me to get my new podcast off the ground. She has helped with guest research, booking and follow up as well as with post-production tasks. Jaidine really took time to understand the approach I wanted to take and vision for the podcast and is a real pleasure to work with.MATTHEW TODD – INSIDE THE SCALEUP