There are so many ways to do podcast promotion on social media and so many platforms with a reach. So, how do you get the right people to find your podcast? Here are 12 strategies to help promote your podcast and grow your audience.
Leverage podcast promotion on all social media platforms
If you want people to find and listen to your podcast, creating social media accounts is a great way to start growing your podcast audience. Share links to your episodes and post engaging, relevant content that your audience will find useful.
Start posting podcast content regularly
If you want to get fans, you have to post regularly. Your follower expects to hear from you at least once a week, so keep creating fresh material. Don’t overdo it in your posts. Nobody wants to read novels. After giving them the highlights, move on.
If you’re just starting out, we recommend posting simple content that you can share on social media e.g. quotes, audiograms, or attractive graphics or images. Doing this consistently and providing value to your audience will encourage them to follow you. This is essential if you want to gain more followers over time.
Give away free stuff
If you want to promote your podcast, consider giving away freebies. The key here is finding what people want. It’s either a free download, a free trial, a discount, or a free sample of what you have to offer. You can share these giveaways with your fans using social media sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Ask people to subscribe to your podcast
Another effective podcast promotion strategy is by asking your audience to subscribe. It’s a simple thing to ask them to do, and it will help you build your list of subscribers.
Use Facebook live to promote your podcast
Consider using Facebook Live if you want to promote your podcast. This feature allows you to broadcast live video directly to your audience from your computer or smartphone. You can use it to talk about your show, answer questions, get feedback and entertain your audience. If you want to get started quickly, you can create a free account on Facebook.com.
Share other industry podcasts
You should also share other valuable podcasts with your followers. This helps you reach new people who might not listen to your podcast yet.
Get to know your audience
To properly promote your podcast, it is essential to understand your audience’s behavior and interests. You must be aware of their online activities and the platforms they like. You also need to understand the content with which people react and engage. The content your target audience needs and craves can then be provided.
Email marketing should not be overlooked
The most efficient approach to creating a buzz about your podcast is through email marketing. Use tools like MailChimp, ConvertKit, or Mailerlite if you’re trying to grow your list. There are free plans available through these platforms that let you send emails to 2,000 subscribers every day.
Prioritize quality content
You should focus on building relationships with your podcast listeners rather than trying to sell them something immediately. This means prioritizing value first before asking for anything in return from your audience.
Additionally, don’t rely on big-name guests to drive interest. Ensure your promotional content leads with value and speaks to the questions and needs of your target audience.
Make your voice heard by engaging with the podcasting community
Networking with other podcasters and thought-leaders in your industry is a surefire way to promote your podcast. You can share links and quotes to interesting podcast episodes with your audience and stay on top of new podcast shows by following them on social media.
In addition, subscribe to newsletters and join industry-relevant communities. Don’t hesitate to contact experts or thought leaders you come across that you think would be interesting to interview. At the same time, if you have something valuable to share, you can also contact other podcasters and ask if they’d like you on their show. A podcast interview will help you gain a wider audience.
Tap into the power of other podcasters in your niche that have a huge following! Interact with their LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter posts by responding to their comments and questions – and you could be reaching out to thousands of potential listeners, completely free of charge! Make sure to sign up for post notifications, so you can be the first to comment with your valuable insights, witty anecdotes, or even best practices. Make your mark and watch your podcast take off!
Promote your podcast on YouTube
YouTube has become a platform that millions of people around the world rely on for entertainment, education, and more. With such a large audience, it’s the perfect platform to promote your podcast episodes and increase your reach.
Here are some tips for how to promote your podcast on YouTube:
- Create a dedicated YouTube Channel for your podcast. Having a place to host all of your episodes on YouTube will make it easier for you to promote your podcast and attract new listeners.
- Post shorts for each episode on YouTube. Creating short videos for each episode can help give viewers a taste of what to expect and entice them to listen to the full episode.
- Use YouTube’s analytics to track performance. YouTube has a powerful analytics section, which you can use to track how your videos are performing and what viewers are engaging with the most.
- Encourage viewers to subscribe. Make sure to include a call to action that encourages new viewers to subscribe to your channel and get access to all of your latest episodes.
- Optimize your titles and tags. Make sure that your titles and tags accurately reflect the content of your podcast. This will make it easier for viewers to discover your channel and your episodes.
How to promote a podcast on TikTok
Ready to take your podcast to the next level? Why not try Tik Tok? Promoting your podcast on Tik Tok can be a great way to reach new listeners – and the best part is, it’s totally free! But it’s not as simple as just posting a few videos, you’ll need to get creative to stand out. With the right strategy, you can easily grow your podcast listener base on Tik Tok and get your content in front of more people.
Here are some steps to help you get started:
- Create a Tik Tok profile for your podcast. Use an eye-catching profile photo and bio to attract viewers.
- Start by researching the popular trends and hashtags that your target audience is using.
- Post short video clips from the podcast, highlighting interesting topics or funny moments. These should be quick, intriguing, and include a compelling hook and call to action.
- Tag your podcast guests and the show’s topic in the post.
- Incorporate popular hashtags related to your topic.
- Add a link to your podcast in the profile and in your posts.
- Once you have enough followers host live Q&A sessions.
- Additionally, you can run Tik Tok ads to reach a larger audience.
Creating a podcast is just half of the battle. You need people to listen in order for your creation to be successful, and I’m sorry to tell you that it’s not going to happen on its own. You need to work at promoting your podcast if you want it to get off the ground, which involves social media promotion.
This is where I come in. As a podcast manager and marketer, my job is to help you attract and retain listeners by leveraging different social media platforms. I will effectively promote your podcast on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and more so that your hard work will be paid off.